OWSD-CAM 2019 LOGO COMPETITION
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
In view of its establishment and on the occasion of its Official Launching Ceremony scheduled for 17-18 December 2019, OWSD Cameroon National Chapter is launching a design competition of a logo for its National Chapter.
The competition is open to female Cameroonians in the sciences
Applicants must be:
Resident in Cameroon;
Holders of at least a GCE Ordinary level or BEPC certificate;
Must be between the age of 15 and 30.
Winners will receive:
An award certificate;
A cash prize (1st prize 50 000 FCFA, second prize 30 000 FCFA) and;
An invitation to the celebratory dinner.
OWSD-CAM is looking for a logo that captures the essence of women’s participation and leadership in science and technology.
1. Theme for the logo: Women’s participation and leadership in science and technology in Cameroon
2. Logo colour: The main colour of the logo should be green (50-55%), applicants may choose to include red (15-20%); yellow (10-15%); and/or one additional colour (5-10%) of applicant’s choosing.
3. Words: The logo may include one of the following phrases- OWSD Cameroon, OWSD Cameroon National Chapter, OWSD-CAM National Chapter, Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World Cameroon National Chapter
4. The design must be original and not edited before
5. Logo design must be submitted as an electronic file. The logo should be designed using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or similar design software. Microsoft office is not accepted. Acceptable formats are PSD, EPS, AI, TIFF, minimum resolution 300 ppi/dpi.
To apply, a submission file should be sent to , including the following:
the logo design;
signed copy of a one-page description of the logo design and the main ideas represented including full contact details;
a copy of National ID card and
copy of highest diploma/certificate
Applications can be submitted in English or French
Open call for registration: July 10, 2019
Deadline for Submission of logo: Extended to October 31, 2019
Announcement of winners: November 11, 2019
Award of prizes: December 17, 2019
Che Randy Nangah
General Secretary OWSD-CAM
Tel : +237 681 95 39 23
The designs of the presented logos must be unpublished and directly created for this competition.
By submitting an entry, applicants agree to permit OWSD-CAM and other participating organizations to mention their names, affiliations, and headshot pictures in connection with the competition.
The participants of this competition grant OWSD-CAM the right to use and reproduce their submitted logo design and utilize it in OWSD-CAM materials without restriction or compensation.
By submitting their logo design, the participants warrant that the submitted logo design does not infringe upon the copyright or other rights of 3rd parties.